Sunday, September 16, 2012

Maryland-We made it!


What a great homeless summer.  We started out in Japan, then Hawaii, then Utah, and then we finally made it to our new home in Rockville, MD around the 12th of August.  My first thoughts of Maryland, beautiful.  So many trees, so green, great parks, diverse, and a lot to do(not sure where we should start).    And Maryland was reminding me a lot of when I lived in Summit, NJ, which I loved.  The only negative thing so far is we arrived in August, the worst month of the year for Maryland, because of the humidity and the bugs(mosquitos and gnats, they are awful).  And the thought of unpacking and organizing all my stuff was depressing.  Luckily my mom came out with us to help start the process, and I can't thank her enough.  And a month later I finally unpacked my last box, Yeah!!!

So far we are super happy with the neighborhood and our location(right next to 270 so Cole's commute has not been as bad as he thought).  And the house is starting to grow on me, a little short on the closet space and no two car garage, but it is very cute and I love all our trees.  Our favorite thing to do as a family is to take nightly walks around our neighborhood.  We have 3 awesome parks within walking distance that the boys love, and are shaded.  And we have a good pizza place and italian ice/gelatto that we can walk too that is across from our community tennis courts and pool.  And Chase already has a friend that lives right across from us, Spencer.  So that is a plus.

Cole has been super busy with his sports medicine fellowship, but he is loving it.  I am just starting to figure out his schedule, because he is at a different hospital, training room, ortho clinic every day it seems.  This year is going to fly, I guess I should say now, the next 11 months are going to fly by.

No comments: