Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thanksgiving & Catching Up Note

Thanksgiving was very different this year. Instead of cooking a big meal, we decided to go over to the highschool on base for a Thanksgiving Potluck with a lot of our friends from the branch. I made a pumpkin cheesecake pie which turned out really good and was a big hit. I did learn that making cheesecake is a whole day event and I shouldn't start it at 8:00 at night. I forgot my camera that night, but here is a picture of Chase that our friends took that night. Cole also got really sick the day of Thanksgiving and still has a lingering cough. He thinks he got the N1H1 virus, but he didn't test himself. Luckily Chase and I haven't gotten sick yet, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Cole started working the UCC(urgent care clinic) on Dec. 1. So he works 12 hour shifts at a time. He is taking over for our friend Dr. Green who is getting deployed now instead of Cole. We are thankful Cole isn't deploying for now, but he could be on the chopping block again in another 6 months. So we will count our blessings for now and are grateful for the experiences we are getting to have here in Japan.

1 comment:

DeLana said...

I can't believe what a grown up picture this is of Chase. He is changing way too quickly. Hope we can see him soon. He is the cutest little muffin man I know.

Love you,
Grammy