Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day

A couple days before St. Patty's day we had a good time making some painted marshmallow rainbows.  Chase looks a little pale in the this picture, because he was home sick that day.  We have had a really rough winter catching every possible virus it seems, except for the stomach bug thank goodness, but we have been sharing it all.



 Chase helping me make some green shamrock rice krispie treats that were really yummy.  And they were a great dessert to top of the braised corn beef and cabbage I made for dinner.  It was actually really good.  The boys liked it too.  My boys have become great little eaters vegetable eaters, they eat broccolli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, asparagus.  Chase wants to be strong like hulk smash and we always make a game out of it to get Bryce to eat whats on his place.  Cole and I decided we could write a great book on 20 plus ways to outsmart your kids to get them to eat their meal at dinnertime:)
 My two little green leprechauns, they loved St. Patty's day this year.  Chase had a St. Patty's  celebration on the Friday before, and Bryce and I enjoyed reading some books to his class that day. Below is the box that Chase and I made to catch a leprechaun in.  He didn't catch him but he left behind some necklaces, chocolate coins, and lucky charms.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love St. Patrick's Day, and now it is even more fun watching the boys sing the rainbow song, (I think) and trying to catch leprechauns, and having fun with food. Bre, you are the best mom.!