Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tig's 30th Birthday

Cole and Chase blowing out candles on his mini cookie cake. Cole said he had a wonderful 30th birthday that was full of suprises. I had decorated his office with balloons and banners the day before and had a card sent around for all of his colleagues to sign. And then he ended the day with his favorite meal of meatballs, mashed potatoes, and peas. (Never would have made that meal till I met Cole, but it's his favorite.)
Nurse Stovall brought in a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cake to Cole at work from Baskin Robbins. Yes, we do have a BR's here in Japan and they seem to have them scattered throughout the Japanese malls. The Japanese love their ice cream.
One of the Japanese translators gave this kimono to Cole for his birthday.
Birthday card that was signed around his work.

Cole's new ipad from his mom, dad, and Chase. Notice I took a picture of it on the couch, cause that is now how Cole checks his internet. What was I thinking??

2 comments:

DeLana said...

WoW 30 and totally spoiled!! We love you and glad you had a great birthday. Hope you have a great year too. Love the Kimono!

xoxo
Damma

Grandma T. said...

Damma got that right. Spoiled for 30 years and going strong. The Kimono is the coolest present ever. The pose is all Cole. I know Cole hates cake so the cookie and ice cream thing is perfect.
I also know the meatballs and mashed potato thing is a cardiac arrest waiting to happen, but it's been his favorite as long as I can remember.
Love you guys and wish I were there to celebrate with you.