Friday, May 7, 2010

Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival

Gate to Hirosaki Castle Park.
Yummy, apple ice cream.

Right as we were crossing the bridge Chase says "ooh ooh" and then I said, "Tig, get the camera, get the camera". Out of no where a Swan appeared and was paving a path through the cherry blossom petals. Breathtaking.

Smells so good.
Now you smell it, Dad.
All the fallen cherry blossoms were turning the ponds a pretty pale pink.
Love this photo.
Tig caught me off guard "Enjoying the beautiful" as my Papa would say.
Nice picnic lunch, Dad napping, and Chase putting together his own cracker, cheese, and pepperoni sandwich.



The beautiful Hirosaki castle. Didn't make it inside since Chase was hungry for some lunch, but there is always next year.


Hirosaki was a 2 hour car ride from Misawa. Chase watched his Elmo videos the whole way there, but he was a little restless when we first got to the park which was understandable. So below is him giving us a "you've got to be kidding me" picture face when we first got to Hirosaki.

4 comments:

DeLana said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful outing with all of us. I thought Washington, DC had beautiful cherry blossoms but this looks magnificent. What a beautiful family and being the grammy I can say that.

xoxo
Grammy

Grandma T. said...

The word beautiful keeps coming up a lot. My favorite beautiful is Bre with the blossoms in the background. Breathtaking!
My heart-tugging is the one on the title page. My boy with his boy. It doesn't get any better than that.
I think DeLana and I have Chaseitis!

Cheri said...

Breanne, that picture at the top of your blog is absolutely incredible! That is as good a picture as any professional could take. Lovin' your blog!

Aunt Cheri

Jenny said...

Beautiful pictures! You are doing so many fun things. Chase is getting so big! He is so cute.