Sunday, September 27, 2009

Finally Pics of Our Home






Chase's Room and yes it is pink.





Master Bedroom and Bath(View of the Woods from our window)





Guest Bedroom and Hallway

My favorite part of the house. There are two types of Japanese toilets. They refer to this one as the western style. I will show you a picture later of the other style. But this toilet has a heated seat and different buttons to push to spray your bottom and you can adjust the water temperature of the spray. It is very cool. Although I am dreading that Chase will figure out the buttons and I will find him soaked. Especially since he loves to lift the toilet seat lid and throw things into it(wooden spoon and shower cap so far).
So the shower and bathtub are in the same room. And you can take the shower head on and off. It is actually a great shower, and our master is just like it. They have it this way so you can rinse off and get clean before entering the bathtub. But you have to be careful which way you turn the dial cause up turns on the shower head and down turns on the faucet. I had the my landlord in looking at the shower one day with me whose English isn't very good. But even she turned the knob the wrong way and soaked herself. She was flailing her arms and screaming and then started laughing. It was pretty funny, and Chase didn't know what to think.
Guest Bathroom




Kitchen and dining room and view from out our back windows. And apparently the Japanese think Americans are really tall cause our cabinets are so high I have to use a step stool in order to reach them.


Workout room and view from my treadmill.

Laundry Room and door going out to two car garage.




Family Room

So far all the Japanese homes have this type of entry. Because it is a must for everyone to take off their shoes before entering anyone's home. And we do have big shoe closets that you see to your left. Even the movers that brought all of our boxes and things into the house, took their shoes on and off every time they entered the house.

Everything is smaller in Japan. Everyone has these two dinky trash cans that fit one trash bag. But the trash guys do come twice a week and pick them up right from your house. I am waiting for the BX to stock some big size trash cans, which is what our American neighbors do since I guess we are just more of a trashy bunch. And our garage opens at a snail pace, you could read a book by the time it opens.
Front of our house

5 comments:

Amy B said...

wow- I keep thinking japan is so small- but you have a great size house- and the other family house is big= and there are trees- and two cars. I mean, wow, I just need to come over one day- but I am sure not for years and years. and see japan again.

Grandma T. said...

I love seeing your house and knowing that you are OK. The cars are well...for a better word, cute. The pink bedroom is cute as well. Actually I love your house and views. Everything there looks so clean, green, and pristene. I can't wait to inhabit that guest bedroom.

DeLana said...

Wallpaper, Wallpaper, Wallpaper! How fun...since we just stripped the last of ours...just keep it and enjoy. Love the "Shrimpboat" -like mother, like daughter. It looks so roomy and the views are out of this world. Wish I had heated toilets!

xoxo
Mom

Kara said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures! And I love the story of the lady getting soaked by your shower! I miss you guys and wish I could come visit so badly! Hugs and Kisses! Definitely jealous of the heated toilets!

The Crofts family said...

Your house looks great. It's fun to see some of Japan and how it looks through the pictures you have taken. I bet it been an excited adventure so far.