Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner last week, and it was especially wonderful that my parents could join us. It has been over 8 years since I had Thanksgiving with my family, so it was a nice surprise this year. My mom is still a wonderful cook, and I had so much fun working beside her in the kitchen. Everything about our meal turned out awesome, rolls, stuffing, japanese sweet potatoes(Cole discovered he loves the Japanese sweet potatoes), pie, and the Turkey. Prepping for dinner was an all day event, and it is even trickier with a 10 month old, but we timed it just right cause we were able to eat dinner while the boys napped. We are so thankful for our boys, but sometimes quietness is bliss. I am so grateful for my family and for all my blessings. I am truly one lucky Turkey. Gobble, Gobble.
Not only does it look good, but it tastes even better. We have perfected the turkey after 7 years.
Cole loving the turkey leg? Is that hand carved?
Bryce just cracks us up. He will eat almost anything we put in front of him. He loved the turkey, sweet potato, succotash, and especially the stuffing. Bryce is allergic to anything dairy(no cheese, milk, butter, etc.). So we have to be careful what we give him. Hopefully, he will grow out of this sometime between 18 months and 4 years old. But he sure is a good eater.
Bryce clapping after he was finished eating, must have been good.
My mom handed Chase the turkey leg for him to look at, but he dove right in for a bite. It was too funny.
Chase saw the apple pie sitting out that morning, so he kept asking me all day when he could have some. So he was so excited after Turkey dinner to have a slice, I think he liked the ice cream more, but ate some of it. My dad said this was his favorite part of the meal. Chase is such a fun age right now, cause he is understanding all about the holidays and learning so much every day. It has been fun reading and teaching him all about Halloween, Thanksgiving, and now Christmas.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

This was the best Thanksgiving ever! It will definitely go down in the books as a favorite memory. You and Tig are fabulous chefs!

xoxo
Grammy