Saturday, August 6, 2011

Boating and Bre's 31st Birthday Weekend

Last Saturday, we met some of our friends at the base beach for a barbecue, ladder ball, and boating. We had a great time, although the boat ride ended up being a disaster. The boys liked it when we were just slowly cruising by the dock, but the noise and the wind did not go over well with my boys. Hopefully in a few years they will love boating as much as I do.


So our friend Josh told me that he would go slow and that Cole and Chase would not get wet since the water was really cold. He did go slow, but somehow the tube dipped and soaked Chase after about 5 seconds. Poor guy, he was not a fan, but he was a good sport.

After we went to the beach, Cole and I took the boys home and put them to bed with a sitter. We then snuck out and went over to Krystal and Josh's for a game of settlers and to try out the Strawberry, Angel Food Cake trifle Cole made me for my 31st(yikes!) birthday. It was wonderful, and of course Cole won that night. Luckily, he made up for it on my birthday by surprising me with some beautiful diamond earrings and making my favorite Sunday Salmon Meal. Thank you Sweetie for an awesome birthday, you are the best.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Nice cake Cole! Diamond earrings? You lucky girl! Happy 31st!!!