Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Much Needed Update

So I have been informed that it has been a long time since I last posted. I guess this summer has been flying by. So here is an update on what has been going on in the Taylor home. Cole has been on night shifts at the UCC(urgent care clinic aka ER). So he has been working from 5:30 pm to 5:30 am the past few months, so we haven't seem him much. Even on his days off he is still on a night schedule so he is up mostly while Chase and I are sleeping. So it has been tough to do things this summer. Although we did just take a trip to Sendai last weekend which is a city of just over 1 million people about 3 1/2 hours from here. I will post pictures soon.

At the beginning of June, we decided to leave the smelly big farm house (house was nice just lived near a pig farm that smelled so bad whenever you walked outside) behind and move about 7 minutes down the road to a bigger home which we are loving. We are in a great neighborhood and Chase plays outside with all the toys and the neighbor kids just about every day. And there is no smell which is wonderful. We will post pictures soon of the house. And we have enjoyed being able to host some dinner dates with friends at our new place as well.

Chase is now less than a month away from turning two. My baby is growing up and he just gets cuter every day. His favorite words are car, sit, o.k, hi, and no. And whenever he says them he just melts Cole and my heart because he sounds so sweet. And he loves to tell stories and talk on the phone, we just can't quite understand what he is saying. Chase has been keeping busy this summer with swim on Monday and Wednesdays, kinderjam on Thursdays, and Daiishi on Tuesdays. Daiishi is a Japanese preschool he attends for a couple of hours each week. He has already picked up the Japanese "hi" which means yes. So he says hi a lot in reference to yes which the Japanese say all the time. I will post pictures soon of what he takes to school, cause he has special shoes he wears and will be taking a bento box when he starts staying for lunch. His teacher told me today that he was wanting to eat lunch with the other kids.

2 comments:

Grandma T. said...

Much needed Grandma fix. It's been way too long since I've seen my grandson. He is so grown up and handsome. I'm really having a hard time with that one. He will be two so soon. The baseball game looks fun. It looks like the fans are fantastic! The balloons are interesting. I bet Chase loved those. I want one of those waffle bowls. Forget the ice cream. I am so excited to hear more about your new house and the trip. Keep the blog going, it's been a really long dry spell, and St. George is hot (108) and miserable. The blog gives me something to look at; like interesting toilets. I love you guys. Skype me soon.

Jenny said...

You moved! Definitely show some pics. I'm so bad at checking blogs but when I do, I love your posts. Congrats on #2!!! That is so exciting. In a few years, they will be entertaining each other.