Sunday, October 18, 2009

Misawa Air Show -Go Thunderbirds


Chase and me in front of a cool chopper.
Chase liked the planes except when the thunderbirds went right over top of us and put on their burners then he cuddled in. It was loud. Almost needed the ear plugs, but I was tough.

Thunderbirds taking off for the show. It was really cool and amazing to watch them do all their tricks. It reminded me of Top Gun. "I feel the need, the need for speed."
The thunderbird planes lined up before take off.
Check out those guns. Wouldn't want to be caught in that crossfire.
Here I am in front of an A-10 Warthog. And there is a C-17 in the background doing a flyby. Cole gave Chase and I a lesson on the different air force planes.
Chase and Cole in front of an F-16. You can't tell from all the pictures but there were a ton of people at the airshow. They were expecting 100,00 people on base. Apparently, the Japanese love to come to the airshow, and not only see the planes, but get a taste of American food. Next year we will take a picture of the pizza line, it is nuts. But it turned out to be a beautiful day for an airshow, and Cole only had to work the morning shift in case of mass casualties, and then got the afternoon off.

2 comments:

Emily said...

My favorite thing about living in Bellevue was the fact that during the annual airshow the planes were buzzing my house all day long. I really did love hearing them--made me feel safe! :)

DeLana said...

This looks so cool! And Tigger is much better looking than Tom Cruise! You lucky lady! What a fun day. "And look ma, no ear-plugs", so proud of you!